Protect The Skin You Are In.
Protect the Skin you are in - You Can Thank Me Later!!
The UV levels in Australia are high through the summer months and if you are on the water UV rays are reflected so you need to take particular care.
That’s because the sun gives off ultraviolet (UV) light that damages your skin and causes sunburn. Over time, these rays can lead to wrinkles, premature aging, dark spots, and other problems like melanoma and skin cancer. Research shows that UV exposure is the reason behind 80% of your skin’s ageing.
Even mild sunburn can increase your risk of developing melanoma and the more often you are burnt and the more severe the sunburn is, the higher your risk will be (Over exposure to ultra violet (UV) light causes 95% of melanoma).
The best way to prevent your skin from all these nasties is to protect your skin from the sun.
- Seek shade, especially in the hottest part of the day. Basically anything after 9am and before 4pm in QLD Summer )
- Wear sun-protective clothing that covers your back, shoulders, arms and legs. Ok I might be over-exaggerating but if you are not covered up you need to have sunscreen on your skin. Don't Bake in it - Fake with it with one of Beautorium's Professional Spray Tan's
- Wear a broad-brimmed hat. Always!!!
- Wear sunglasses. This is not about who has the coolest pair of QUAY's , they actually do protect your eyes from sun burn!!!!
Though sunburn eventually fades, long term damage to skin cells remains. Sunscreen can help protect your skin and it is important to use it correctly for maximum protection. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30+ every 2 hours and after swimming or exercise. Believe me when I say Sunscreen is the best anti-ageing ingredient you can add into your skincare routine!!! I might just add in here that make up is just a bonus if it has SPF in it, its not a full protection.
Protect your skin
-While everyone is at risk of skin cancer, those who are at greater risk include people:
-With fair skin, fair or red hair and blue eyes.
-With a large number of moles on their skin.
-Who have spent a lot of time outdoors.
-Who have spent a lot of time actively tanning or have used solariums.
-Who have had a previous diagnosis of skin cancer or a family history of skin cancer.
-With a history of severe or blistering sunburns.
What is the best type of sunscreen?
In Australia we have very strict guidelines when it comes to sunscreen. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30+ every two hours and after swimming or exercise and to ensure that you get the best possible protection:
- Use the sunscreen with the highest possible SPF. This is currently SPF50+ in Australia.
- Ensure your sunscreen is broad-spectrum. That means it protects you against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Ensure that all exposed skin is thoroughly covered with sunscreen.
- If you are in the water ensure you use a water resident variety of sunscreen and re-apply regularly.
At Beautorium we offer the best possible protection with the highest SPF 50 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB. Image Prevention+ is an evolution of light weight moisturisers with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection. Medical studies confirm that sun, pollution, stress and smoke are the leading causes of skin cancer and accelerated aging.Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive, redness, acne prone skin and sport activities.
I absolutely love the Prevention + Line. They don't clog or feel too heavy on the skin and the apple stem cells that are preventing DNA damage smell delicious on my skin. Its such a delight having this product as part of my daily skin care routine.
Click Below to be taken to our online store and purchase your prevention + today!!!
Stay Gorgeous Inside and Out